Roles and Responsibilities of Staff
As a Leader
As a leader, an individual must be able to:
- Develop and guide his subordinates towards achieving the vision, mission and objectives of the university.
- Unite the various teams/groups by acting as a consultant, mediator, advisor, friend, a good listener and so forth.
- Create conductive work environment that will enable his subordinates to produce the best possible output.
- Plan, manage and appraise work assigned to members of the organization. One must also be able to manage resources (human, financial and equipment) efficiently and effectively.
- Able to make decisions and resolve issues and problems effectively.
- Facilitate communication between members of the organization by considering the most appropriate and effective means of disseminating information.
As an Employee
As an employee, each staff must portray the following characteristics:
- Focusing on working towards realizing the vision, mission and objectives of the university
- Aware of the demands, expectation, duties and responsibilities in the organization
- Continuously striving to discover, understand, implement, practice and disseminate knowledge, for the development of the society
- Striving to be the best employee
- Determined to implement and enhance the quality of service
- Consistently sharing information for the benefits of all
As an Educator
As an educator, an academic staff must have the following qualities:
- Committed and highly disciplined in his teaching and learning
- Highly knowledgeable in his area(s) of specialization
- Well organized in one’s teaching preparation, constantly updating one’s teaching materials in accordance with the latest development
- Highly effective in one’s teaching approach that would enhance students’ interest and understanding of the subject
- Ready to interact cordially and positively and ready to assist students in their studies
- Able to contribute thoughts and ideas toward the modernization of the curriculum
- A mentor to junior academicians in enhancing the quality of their teaching
As a Researcher
As a researcher, one must exhibit the following characteristics:
- Carrying out research in high priority areas that has potential for commercialization.
- Producing research findings that would create an impact on their field of expertise and the nation’s development with the potential to be recognized as a world-class research
- Able to produce articles that can be published in renowned journals at the local and international levels.
- Able to produce research that will expand knowledge
Updated:: 20/10/2016 [fahezah_nor]